Many circumstances cause us to fear. Why? Wikipedia says:
Fear is a feeling induced by perceived danger or threat that occurs in certain types of organisms, which causes a change in metabolic and organ functions and ultimately a change in behavior, such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived traumatic events.
Basically, it means it is how we respond to perceived threats.
How do I combat fear?
When fear enters your day, what do you do to live without it taking over? I have had some days where I feel defeated. Over the years, I have learned different ways to get me through rough times.
- Read your Bible – God is the God of peace. Dive into his word for comfort and strength.
- Pray – Spend some quality prayer time with God, besides just asking for help. God loves you and wants to hear from you.
- Listen to Uplifting Music – Music can change my mood in minutes.
- Talk with a Friend – Find a friend who you know you can call no matter what when you are having a rough day. If you can’t think of one, come connect with me and others on Facebook. We are always here to encourage and help each other.
- Do something relaxing – This depends on what you find relaxing: take a bath or shower, go for a walk, relax in the sun, or read a good book.
Verses for combating fear
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Romans 8:31 “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
- Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”
- Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”